My name is Cort Danger Stratton. This pathetic excuse for a
personal web site will, in all likelihood, never get any fancier than
this. So, in short:
- I live in Los Angeles, California.
- I'm a professional video game programmer.
- I worked at Maxis a
long time ago, on the Sims franchise.
- I spent 11 years writing platform-level graphics code for Sony,
most notably the official rendering API for the PlayStation 4, and the
PlayStation Edge geometry-processing library for the PS3. As a result,
I am credited on a
ton of games.
- I worked at Google for a couple of years, mainly helping
developers make the best use of the Vulkan 3D graphics API. I was a
member of the Vulkan Working Group (still am, I guess, though I've
been very inactive lately).
- I currently work for Unity,
on the Entities package.
- I've written a few open-source software projects, all hosted on GitHub:
- img2ktx, a command-lint utility to convert image files to the GPU-native KTX format.
- Mona, a program to evolve an approximation of a reference image using semi-transparent polygons. This implementation uses CUDA to run on the GPU.
- cds_sync, a collection of synchronization primitives for multithreaded applications, implemented as a cross-platform C89-compatible header file.
- PyAIML, a pure-Python interpreter for the AIML conversational AI markup language. (10+ years old, mostly defunct now)
- I used to be an adjunct faculty member at a now-defunct local game
development school, where I taught a pair of classes on Advanced
Concepts in Programming.
- I am an extremely amateur full-stack musician (composing, performance, recording, programming, production, mixing, and mastering). My music is available (mostly for free) on Bandcamp.